GradNight 2023 Experience

Savannah Vega, Writer

All graduating students who wanted to go to GradNight paid $275. At GradNight, students were able to go back and forth from California Adventure and Disneyland. All students had to go on a Charter Bus to go to GradNight and leave. Multiple of these buses arrived at RHS around 6am then left around 7am. Students arrived at California Adventure around 11am. All students got dropped off near California Adventure, so if you wanted to go to Disneyland you had to walk there which would take 20 minutes.

I stayed in California Adventure more throughout the day. There were still multiple guests that were not students. It wasn’t until at 11pm only students will be allowed at California Adventure. I wish I spent more time at Disneyland because I wasn’t aware how Disneyland will be closing earlier. I’d recommend getting the Disneyland app so you can tell which rides have a shorter wait time. I’d also recommend searching menu’s and ordering online/ make reservations for food.

I wasted most of my time waiting in lines for broken rides, also waiting for reservations I made last minute. The meal I got served the quickest from Disneyland was a bread bowl from the New Orleans area. The shack was called the Harbour Galley. The meal I got served the quickest in California Adventure was the Mac & Cheese cone found in Cars land.

After 11pm in California Adventure, the longest lines had to be the Incredicoaster, Cars Ride and Guardians of the Galaxy Breakout. This meant at least most other rides had a shorter wait time. The whole crazy fun experience for GradNight was supposed to be how you can be there until 2am. The issue was that after 1am, every restaurant was closed and there were only small snack bars. It sucked if you weren’t doing anything a bit before 1am because you have an hour left to leave, but it’ll take about an hour to get on a ride. Which means you shouldn’t wait in line. My friends and I were able to leave traffic by going on shuttle buses an hour earlier. After 2am, the charter buses take us back to RHS. We arrived back at around 5am.