Grapevine 10/23/19

Michel Rathwell

A pumpkin is a gourd-like squash and is native to North America. They typically have a thick, orange or yellow shell, creased from the stem to the bottom, containing the seeds and pulp. Pumpkins are widely grown for commercial use, and are used both in food and recreation. Pumpkin pie, for instance, is a traditional part of Thanksgiving meals in the United States, and pumpkins are frequently carved as decorations around Halloween. A pumpkin that has a little face carved in it and hollowed out and decorated with candles inside is known as a jack o’lantern; these are often used at Hallowe’en, for example, to decorate windows.

· Freshmen and JV GIRLS basketball tryouts will take place on Monday October 28th and Tuesday October 29th from 4-5:30 in the gym.

· Freshmen and JV BOYS basketball tryouts will take place on Monday October 28th and Tuesday October 29th from 8-9:30 in the gym.

· There will be a mandatory meeting for all staff and students helping with the day of the Dead Face painting on Thursday at 3:00pm in the Sword and Shield.

· Attention All Authors, Critics, Dramatists, Essayists, Novelists, Poets, Reporters, Screenwriters, Song Writers, Wordsmiths AND any Creative Writers that were not mentioned…We Want You and Your Creativity in Our Club! Join the WWC! There is a Warrior Writer’s Club meeting TODAY at lunch in Mrs. Kurth’s room 831. Bring a creative writing piece to share and be ready to discuss The Poetry Out Loud Competition, Open Officer Positions and more!

· The Righetti Choirs invite you to their annual Pop Concert, on Friday, October 25th at Pioneer Valley High School Performing Arts Center. Come out to support members of Women’s Chorale, Varsity Choir, Madrigals, and Concert Choir. A donation of $5.00 per family will be taken at the door. Righetti students are FREE. See you there!

· Art Club meet @ lunch today in room 101

· Congratulations to the Righetti Art students who created over 230 bowls being sold today to help feed the hungry at the Santa Maria Food Bank’s Empty Bowls Event.

· Did you miss a big scare or want to come back for more? The Haunted House is back for one more weekend only. Take a tour this Saturday & Sunday from 4-5 and 6-9, down in Drama room 403. Just follow the screams!

· There is an important lunch meeting TODAY for all Wrestling in room 104.

· Attention ALL EAOP Students:

Juniors meet on Wednesday in the Career Center

Sophomores meet on Thursday in the Career Center

Please see Mrs. Miranda if you have questions