Grapevine 10/24/19

Michel Rathwell

A pumpkin is a gourd-like squash and is native to North America. They typically have a thick, orange or yellow shell, creased from the stem to the bottom, containing the seeds and pulp. Pumpkins are widely grown for commercial use, and are used both in food and recreation. Pumpkin pie, for instance, is a traditional part of Thanksgiving meals in the United States, and pumpkins are frequently carved as decorations around Halloween. A pumpkin that has a little face carved in it and hollowed out and decorated with candles inside is known as a jack o’lantern; these are often used at Hallowe’en, for example, to decorate windows.

· Freshmen and JV GIRLS basketball tryouts will take place on Monday October 28th and Tuesday October 29th from 4-5:30 in the gym.

· Freshmen and JV BOYS basketball tryouts will take place on Monday October 28th and Tuesday October 29th from 8-9:30 in the gym.

· There will be a mandatory meeting for all staff and students helping with the day of the Dead Face painting tomorrow, Thursday at 3:00pm in the Sword and Shield.

· The Righetti Choirs invite you to their annual Pop Concert, this Friday, October 25th at Pioneer Valley High School Performing Arts Center. Come out to support members of Women’s Chorale, Varsity Choir, Madrigals, and Concert Choir. A donation of $5.00 per family will be taken at the door. Righetti students are FREE. See you there!

· Righetti Drama brings you the Twisted Carnival Haunted House for one final weekend. We have new frights, and new casts this Saturday and Sunday from 4-5 and 6-9. After that, the carnival and all its demented cast move on to the next town

· The Annual Righetti FFA Kinderpatch will be held tomorrow, Friday, during school in the Ag Department. There will be over 500 kindergartners visiting from our local elementary schools. Agriculture Students with completed Pre-Arrange forms and grade checks will be allowed to help during the event. If you have any questions ask your Ag teacher.

· Are you interested in helping out third world students in need of educational supplies, meet new people and make a difference? If so then come join the club Today We Shape the Future, everyone is welcome on Fridays in Ms.Dolans class, room 827.

· Are you interested in hearing about the admissions process from different college campuses?

Today: the Career Center will host GCU during 6th period

Monday: the Career Center will host UC San Diego

Tuesday: the Career Center will host UC Irvine, UCLA, and Cal Lutheran

Wednesday: the Career Center will host the University of Redlands

· Attention Sophomore EAOP Students:

Sophomores meet on Thursday in the Career Center

Please see Mrs. Miranda if you have questions