KEITH SKELTON PHOTO
· Attention students interested in Track and Field: The first practice will be at 3:30 PM on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at the track. We can’t wait to start the season. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Cota in room 803.
· Attention ASTRA Club Members! ASTRA Club Meeting TODAY at lunch in Mrs. Van Patten’s classroom, Room 133. We have some fun volunteer opportunities available this month! See you Thursday!
· Attention seniors! You have less than a month left to purchase your Grad Nite ticket!! Don’t wait. Tickets will be on sale until Friday, February 14th or until they sell out. Remember, there are just 250 tickets available, and once they are sold out, they’re gone. Get to the business office ASAP to get yours!
· Juniors and Seniors who live in Guadalupe: If you are interested in providing after school tutoring for other Righetti students who live in Guadalupe at McKenzie Junior High a couple of days a week, then please see Mr. Solis in the Career Center. You need to be able to be at McKenzie by 3:45 in the afternoon and have a G.P.A. of 3.5 or better.
· Attention all Public Speakers! The Poetry Out Loud Competition is right around the corner and we need three finalists to represent Righetti High School this February at the Able Maldonado Center Poetry Out Loud Competition on 2/12/20! If you are interested in trying out for the competition please find a poem from the poetryoutloud.org site, memorize it and be ready to recite it with passion! Righetti High School Poetry Out Loud Auditions are on Friday January 31, 2020 in room 831 at lunch! You will need to bring a hard copy of the poem that you will be reciting for the judges on 1/31/20. All rules, prizes and guidelines are on the website. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Kurth at [email protected]
· Attention Warrior Writer’s Club Members: Our first meeting of the year is this Wednesday 1/22/20 at lunch in room 831! Please bring a creative writing piece to share. The topic we decided on last month was “New Year, New ___________.”
· Attention any student interested in participating in the BSU club. Our first Black Student Union Club meeting will be held on Weds. January 22nd at lunch in room 212 Ms. Hidalgo’s class. Everyone is invited to be part of this extraordinary club. See you Weds at lunch in Room 212.
· All freshman girls interested in trying out for softball this year, there is a mandatory meeting at lunch today in room 842. This includes all winter sport athletes.