Grapevine 1/22/20

Grapevine+1%2F22%2F20

KEITH SKELTON PHOTO

· Attention students interested in Track and Field: The first practice will be at 3:30 TODAY at the track. We can’t wait to start the season. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Cota in room 803.

· Attention seniors! You have less than a month left to purchase your Grad Nite ticket!! Don’t wait. Tickets will be on sale until Friday, February 14th or until they sell out. Remember, there are just 250 tickets available, and once they are sold out, they’re gone. Get to the business office ASAP to get yours!

· Attention all Public Speakers! The Poetry Out Loud Competition is right around the corner and we need three finalists to represent Righetti High School this February at the Abel Maldonado Center Poetry Out Loud Competition on 2/12/20! If you are interested in trying out for the competition please find a poem from the poetryoutloud.org site, memorize it and be ready to recite it with passion! Righetti High School Poetry Out Loud Auditions are on Friday January 31, 2020 in room 831 at lunch! You will need to bring a hard copy of the poem that you will be reciting for the judges on 1/31/20. All rules, prizes and guidelines are on the website. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Kurth at [email protected].

· Attention Warrior Writer’s Club Members: Our first meeting of the year is TODAY at lunch in room 831! Please bring a creative writing piece to share. The topic we decided on last month was “New Year, New ___________.”

· Attention any student interested in participating in the BSU club. Our first Black Student Union Club meeting will be held TODAY at lunch in room 212 Ms. Hidalgo’s class. Everyone is invited to be part of this extraordinary club. See you Weds at lunch in Room 212.

· Reminder students – Only students that have a senior parking passes can park in designated student parking areas. All Seniors with a parking permit – tickets will be issued if you do not have your parking permit visible in your vehicle. And RHS staff – please remember to have your staff parking permit visible also!

· The Marimba Band will be holding auditions on Friday. Maracas workshops will be held during lunch in the Gym Stage in room 502 all this week.

· Intramural Sports continue this week with Soccer on Mondays and Tuesdays and Basketball on Thursdays and Fridays. Come to the gym at lunch and try not to get dunked on by Mr. Emerson.

· Attention FFA Members! Our monthly FFA meeting will be TODAY at 5pm in the Cafeteria. We will have our Chapter Degree ceremony for all sophomores in the FFA. Also, there is a mandatory Livestock meeting after the FFA meeting. The final Fair list will be posted for all students who turned in their Livestock Contracts. See your Ag teacher if you have questions. See you there!

· Attention Art Club, we will meet tomorrow at lunch in room 101

· Have you heard? West Side Story tickets are on sale online through the Righetti website. Tickets are expected to sell out for this amazing district musical, so don’t wait too long