Grapevine 2/4/20

Grapevine+2%2F4%2F20

KEITH SKELTON PHOTO

· Attention students who live in Guadalupe: There will be tutoring starting Tuesday, February 11th in room 3 at McKenzie Intermediate School. It will be every Tuesday and Thursday after school from 3:45 to 5:45. The tutoring is open to any Righetti student.

· Congratulations to the four finalists who will represent Righetti High School at the Poetry Out Loud Regional Competition this February 12, 2020 at the Santa Maria Veteran’s Hall at 5:30 p.m: Steven Villanueva 10th grade, Sierra Gibson 10th grade , Monserrath Santos 11th grade and Sydney Wilson 12th grade! These students recited poems with passion and enthusiasm that moved the judges immensely. Please wish them luck for the Regionals this year!

· Seniors! Grad Nite tickets are only on sale until Friday, February 14th! Both time and tickets are running out! Go to the business office TODAY to get yours before they are gone!

· Track and Field athletes, there will be a parent/athlete meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb 5th in room 803 from 5:30 to 6:30 PM. We will provide information about upcoming meets, requirements for participation, and fundraising. Please tell your parents.

· If you are enrolled in an On Track Credit Recovery class (OTCR) with Cindy Merlo, time is running out to get your classes finished. You must see Cindy in the PLATO computer lab – room 621 to make sure you are on track to finish your course. Don’t get dropped from the program and risk not graduating!

· Come to the BSU meeting tomorrow, Wednesday, at lunch in Rm. 212, Ms. Hidalgo’s room. There are still positions available for some officers. Free Pizza will be provided. Do not miss out on being part of this exciting diverse club.

· Are you playing a Spring sport yet? Boys Volleyball season starts soon! Come out to open gym this Saturday from 2-4 in the gym. Tryouts for all new and old players officially begin next Monday and Tuesday the 10th and 11th from 5:30-7:30pm. Even if you’ve never played before, all skill sets are welcome. Any questions, come see Coach Watts in Room 856.

· Today at lunch, on the gym stage, we will meet for Jesus Club. We are a club focused on making a positive impact and building faith. All are welcome! Pizza will be provided.

· Attention Juniors and Sophomores- Interest in attending a field trip at UCSB this Saturday, Feb 8? Please see Mrs. Miranda in the College and Career Center for more details.

· Attention Seniors: If you haven’t completed your FAFSA or Dream Act application please attend the Cash for College event today anytime from 3-7pm in the Plato lab 621. See Mrs. Miranda or Mr. Solis in the center to know what you need to bring.

· Attentions EAOP Freshman: Check your emails for important information. Save the date for a meeting at lunch in the center on Tuesday, February 11. See Mrs. Miranda if you have any questions.