Top 10 Shows on Netflix Right Now

Maya Pettiford, Writer

Netflix first launched in 1997, however it was a very different company to the one we all know today. In the beginning Netflix was a DVD rental service. They stood out compared to other companies like Blockbuster because they did rentals by mail, so people did not have to go to the store. In 2007 Netflix began to do online steaming through a subscription. This is when Netflix started to evolve into what it is today. Now we can watch Netflix almost anywhere, anytime, with our televisions, laptops, and even our cell phones. There are over 1,500 TV shows on Netflix and here are the most popular ones right now. 

1.Clickbait– Clickbait is a show about a family man Nick Brewer who is abducted in a crime with a sinister online twist, those closest to him race to uncover who is behind it and why. 

2.Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror-. Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror is a documentary with a series of interviews and videos that go over the tragic events of 9/11. 

3.Money Heist – Money Heist is about what happens when eight thieves take hostages and lock themselves in the Royal Mint of Spain as a criminal mastermind manipulates the police to carry out his plan. 

4.The Circle The Circle is part reality show, part game show, part dating show where constants flirt, befriend and catfish their way toward $100,000. 

5.Manifest– Manifest is about a plane full of passengers and crew of a commercial airliner who suddenly reappears after being missing, and presumed dead, for more than five years.

6.Cocomelon– Cocomelon is a children’s show about the town called Cocomelon, where baby JJ and his siblings go on fun everyday adventures with nursery, play, exploration, and learning – situations. 

7.On the Verge– On the Verge a comedy about four friends in Los Angeles as they try to deal with the fact, they are getting older, only to realize that after all these years, they still have no clue what they’re doing. 

8.Sharkdog– Sharkdog is another children’s show about a ten-year-old boy named Max and his best friend, Sharkdog. Together they go on adventures and often times, Sharkdog leaves a trail of destruction everywhere they go.   

9.Octonauts: Above and BeyondOctonauts: Above and Beyond is the spin-off show of   octonauts, but this time the crew as left the sea and come onto dry land to teach kids about science concepts and animals that they may encounter in everyday life. 

10.All AmericanAll American is about a star high school football player from South Central, in Crenshaw California, is recruited to play for Beverly Hills High School, two separate worlds collide as he tries to navigate his new reality.