Free Righetti Tutoring in Santa Maria, Guadalupe, and Online

Calista Freeland, Writer/Editor

ERHS in-person and online tutoring has returned for the Spring semester. Tutoring services are available through Zoom (accessed via the “Advisement-Rickman” Canvas course), 1st & 7th periods as well as from 3:15pm to 5:30pm in the Righetti library, and 3:30pm-5:00pm at McKenzie Junior High in Room 6.

Tutoring is available to all students, and bilingual tutoring is available for those who are more comfortable speaking Spanish. Peer tutors (Righetti students) specialize in subjects including Math, English, Spanish, and Science (specifically Chemistry and Biology), among other subjects. Cal-SOAP students (college students) have also been available for help alongside Righetti tutors. Additionally, a few math teachers at Righetti are also ready to assist students in the RHS library during this time.

Snacks are provided in the library for those who receive help from a tutor. Upon recent request, snacks will now be peanut-free to encourage students with allergies to attend.

As a tutor, I have enjoyed being able to help students with a variety of subjects including English, Algebra (two-year, I & II), Geometry, Calculus AB, and Biology (College-prep and AP). Other tutors have provided help in subjects including Physics (College-prep and AP), Math Analysis, Calculus BC, Spanish (all levels), Trigonometry, Statistics, and Chemistry (College-prep and AP).

Karla Jimenez, a senior and peer tutor, has seen the impact of tutoring firsthand. “Tutoring students is a great way for me to give back to our community. Additionally, tutoring has given us as tutors experience and opportunities that are helpful outside of school,” she said.

Additionally, we are looking for people to join our Guadelupe team!

Do you want to make a difference at Righetti?

Are you easy-going and friendly?

Do you have strong academic skills?

Do you want to get paid to support your peers?

Then consider applying to become a Peer-Tutor!

Applications are being accepted now! To apply, visit: https://forms.office.com/r/xBCpDXzWBx

Email Mrs. Cortez  @ [email protected] if you have any questions.