What is Delta?

What is Delta?

At Delta you hear about different experiences you can relate to and sympathize with. Teachers and staff make sure you know and feel part of the school. Once you arrive the welcoming feeling hits as you are greeted with a high five or quick conversation. Even when walking out at the end of the day, teachers and security stand on the side and make sure to interact with students as they’re walking out. Math isn’t a subject that comes easy to some. When starting my math class a memorable thing the teacher let the class know was he always allowed his students to retake tests as many times as we felt. He believed everyone should always get an opportunity to redeem themselves and have a second chance at taking tests. He understood that, and that left a mark.

There’s a gift shop Delta prepares during Christmas where every student can go and choose items they need or would like to have. They provide anything you can imagine, blankets, personal items, clothes, etc. You are given a bag at the entrance and for half the period or after school you can visit and pick out as many gifts as you want and need. Since something like that isn’t seen at public schools, it makes it that much more special. At the front office they always keep a little tray of food and snacks stocked and offer to everyone that walks in or passes by. You genuinely feel taken care of at all times.

Assumptions and rumors are not foreign when it comes to Delta. Every time you may hear Delta come up in a conversation with certain groups of people, there’s either good talk or bad talk. Delta is a school of opportunity and redemption. Coming from someone who attended independently and in school at Delta, going forward with a fresh mindset without the thoughts and baggage of society is the best way to go.

“By raising expectations, giving constant encouragement, and creating an environment that empowers students, we eliminate all excuses that limit a student from reaching his or her personal and academic potential.”